Announcements and Important Events
Athletic Department Updates
Regarding Guidelines for Fall Sports
Here’s where we are at as of Friday, September 11, 2020
In this ever-changing environment that we are living in, the athletic department wanted to update the community on policies and guidelines that are in place regarding athletics. We appreciate everyone’s flexibility during these challenging times.
Executive Order 2020-180 was issued September 9, 2020
- Face coverings may be worn but student-athletes are NOT required to do so while in active participation in Cross Country, Golf and Tennis
- Face coverings are required in Football, Soccer and Volleyball.
- Face coverings must be worn by all coaches, medical staff, game event staff, media members and spectators. Officials are not required to wear masks.
- Traditional cloth masks, gaiters, affixed helmet plastic shields and cloth/fabric helmet attachments located inside the face mask (must cover nose and mouth) are not prohibited.
Spectators at all events
- Each participant will be provided 2 guest spectators. The athletic department will collect the names of each guest by the participant up until noon on game day. This “Guest List” will be shared with each participating school.
- Guests will be required to show ID at the ticket gate for admittance and must be named on the “Guest List”. All tickets are $5 and guests must provide EXACT CHANGE.
- Concessions stands will be closed both indoors and outdoors.
Familyid.com – Registration platform for athletics
- All athletic participants MUST BE registered on familyid.com for fall participation.
- Sub-varsity athletes will not be charged the participation fee for fall sports. Deposits will be refunded.
- All athletes must have either a current year physical on file or may use last year’s physical with an updated MHSAA Health Questionnaire form in order to participate. Please email updated forms to the athletic Secretary at email@example.com.
- www.holtathletics.org – Holt Athletic Website that contains all sports schedules. Sign up to be a fan to receive fan alerts and updates first! The website also contains various Forms & Links relevant to athletics as well as FAQ which can be found under the MORE tab.
- www.mhsaa.com – Michigan High School Athletics Association (MHSAA) website with full details for Return to Play per sport. Please click on the Sport tab and then choose the specific sport and then the “2020 Return to Play Guidelines”.
Due to COVID-19 and the fragile nature of high school sports, the Holt athletic department has mandated that student athletes participate in only one sport per season. MHSAA and Ingham County Health Department recommends to workout in pods of students with the same small group of students always working out together. This will ensure limited exposure if someone develops an infection. We understand this may be a difficult choice but maintain it is best practice to continue with our fall sports season intact.